243 Win at 335, 500, and 850 yards

Ill answer that question^^, 55gr. Nosler Ballistic tips are excellent for coyote hunting. Never had one exit a coyote. The only time I ever seen damage to a pelt is when you hit them in the shoulder blade or head shots. Im not sure why but I use both the Hornady 58gr. v-max and Nosler 55gr. and more often than not the coyote will spin or make an attempt to escape when hit with the Hornady round. Now the Nosler its usually DRT (Dead Right There).

Thanks Rubenator! We've been shooting 223's with 55 grainers in both Noslers and V-max's. Just want something flatter shooting and back to a bolt gun. Don't want to hijack this post! Just worried about pelt damage at those speeds. Nice shooting Dirty Dog!!! Oh, and yes I've done the shoulder head shot fixer uppers. LOL

Nice shooting Dirty Dog, I'm impressed also with those 55's. What twist is that 243? I was also looking at that same rifle in a 6.5 creedmoor.

Twist on the Predator 243 is 1-9.25" I believe. After watching that video, I want to take mine out and stretch the range a little!! Nice shooting!

Back